This week’s topic is Bookish Resolutions/Goals. I couldn’t think of ten, so I went with eight instead.
1. Read 100+ books – My Goodreads goal is 100 books right now, so I’m hoping to once again beat that goal. I’d love to get to 125-150 books this year, but I probably won’t make it.
2. Read 50 backlist books – I have so many older books (published before 2018) that I need to read, especially ones I already own. One of the reading challenges I joined (Beat the Backlist) focuses on this.
3. Read more books I own – I’ve been awful at reading books I already own. I am taking a break from the library, and focusing on my shelves instead. At least that’s the plan haha.
4. Catch up on Netgalley eARCs – Reading on my phone (my Kindle died last year) has not been very conducive to reading Netgalley eARCs, especially since I get migraines. Maybe I’ll get another Kindle soon if they go on sale.
5. Schedule more blog posts – I used to barely have anything scheduled, but I’ve been getting much better at it. And I want to continue scheduling blog posts far in advance. Maybe I can even get a whole month scheduled. I think the most I’ve had at one time was 15-20 scheduled posts.
6. Finish/start more series – I’ve been reading a lot of standalones, and want to focus on some series I have on my shelves. I haven’t read many of them since the series focused reading challenges I joined a couple years ago.
7. Keep blogging every day – Since I joined a comment pod (hi everyone!), I’ve been working on posting every day. And so far, I’ve done a fantastic job. I want to keep that momentum going. Some days it’s hard, but it’s rewarding in the end.
8. Join more cover reveals, and release blitz/blog tours – I’ve recently joined a couple of these promo type posts, and I’ve really enjoyed them. I love bringing new books (and their amazing covers) to people’s attentions. I think I’ll join some more this year!
Do you have any similar goals? Let me know in the comments below.