Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Ten Books We Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn’t Get To (and totallyyyy plan to get to in 2018!!). This post was kind of depressing to write; I missed out on reading so many good books in 2017.
1. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas – I had big plans to re-read the first two books before reading this. I only re-read book one. Now I’m making it a goal for 2018 to finally get this book read.
2. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – I was going to read this before the Grisha trilogy, but was told to read those first. I loved those books, and I’m disappointed in myself that I haven’t read this duology yet.
3. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas – I’ve heard so many good things about this book, so I want to read it ASAP, especially before the movie comes out.
4. Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett – Jenn’s YA debut was so good, and I wanted to read this one as soon it was released, but then I didn’t (obviously). I might listen to the audiobook.
5. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli – Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky is one of my absolute favorites. So I need to make reading this one a priority.
6. By Your Side by Kasie West – I have a couple Kasie books to catch up on, and I’m super excited for this one. Stuck in a library? Heck yes.
7. Dating You / Hating You by Christina Lauren – This one sounds like The Hating Game, and that’s one of my absolute favorite books. Plus I’ve really loved Christina Lauren’s writing so far.
8. Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward – I was going to read this at the end of last year, but then I wasn’t reading much since I was visiting family.
9. The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord – I love Emery’s writing, and I need to read this one ASAP. I’m sure it’ll be just as great as her other books.
10. Renegades by Marissa Meyer – The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa was great, and I can’t wait to read something else by her. I hope this is just as great.
Have you read any of the books I listed here? If so, what’d you think of them?