Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I’m Thankful For (Happy Thanksgiving week in the USA).
1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – This series is forever on my lists. It’s one of my absolute favorites. I wrote lots of fanfiction, had my first literary crush (Draco Malfoy), and lost myself in these books.
2. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord – Such an amazing book! I connected with Paige’s character a lot, and I adored Max. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
3. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – I devoured this book in one sitting (staying up way too late on a work night to finish). It’s adorable, and I can’t wait to re-read it for many years.
4. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – Cath is me in so many ways, so this book is definitely going to resonate with me. Another book I recommend all the time.
5. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – I LOVE THE DARKLING! And one of my favorite lines is found in this book. Finally look at that gorgeous new cover.
6. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – RHYSAND FOR LIFE! I enjoyed book one (and haven’t read book three), but book two was so amazing. Some scenes were fire!
7. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – I love this book. I picked it up when I was still in a reading slump, and it was exactly what I needed. The banter was great, and Josh is awesome.
8. Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult – I read this book back when I was 16, and fell in love with Jodi’s writing. I quickly devoured most of her books after that.
9. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson – This is such an amazing book. The writing is lyrical, and gorgeous. Side note: I also enjoyed her other book as well.
10. Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer – A series that I started a year or two after Twilight was first published. Maybe some people don’t like the series, but it was an enjoyable read for me. I even went to the midnight showing of Twilight in theaters (which I’ve never done for any other movie)!
Have you read any of the books I listed here? If so, what’d you think of them?