Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Ten Characters Who Would Make Great Leaders (Leaders of what? That’s your decision. Who could lead a country, an army, a book club, a classroom, etc. Or maybe characters that would be trendsetters?). I decided on Ten Characters Who Would Make Great Leaders of a Book Club.
1. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter series – Hermione likes organizing clubs (hello S.P.E.W.), so I feel like she’d want to organize a book club for fellow literature lovers. I’m not sure who at Hogwarts would all join though. Maybe Luna, Neville, and Ginny.
2. Maddy from Everything, Everything – Her book club would have to be virtual, but since she writes reviews (and obviously likes to read), and has a lot of free time on her hands, I think she’d be a good book club leader.
3. Jo March from Little Women – Jo would definitely do a book club if anyone else would join it. Unfortunately, I think she’d be the lone member…unless she talked Laurie into it.
4. Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass – Celaena really enjoyed reading in this book, as evidenced by her borrowing books from Dorian, and visiting the library. So if anyone would join her book club she led (on the off days from the competition), then I think she’d create one.
5. Belle from Beauty and the Beast – I have to include Belle. She could host a book club in that gorgeous library, and I’d definitely come. Although her and I might be the only attendees, because most other people couldn’t read (at least not the females). Darn.
6. Viola Fisher from This is War/This is Love (Checkmate Duet) – Viola is obsessed with books, especially Harry Potter, so she’s my kind of girl. I could just see her getting an impromptu book club together to discuss that series, and more.
7. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables series – Anne would definitely host a book club, especially if reading Victorian poetry was a common occurrence. I feel like Anne would be great at discussing, and would make people see things differently because of her great imagination.
8. Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls – As you can tell from the quote in Rory’s picture, she loves books. And I think if she found a nice group of people to have a book club with, she’d definitely lead it. She’s a bookaholic!
9. Clark McCallister from The Unexpected Everything – No spoilers, but let’s just say Clark likes books. And I think it’s nice to have a guy on the list who might start a book club potentially.
10. Phoebe Martins from Bookishly Ever After – I haven’t read this one yet, but I got it from the library to read soon. Based on the summary, you can tell the main character loves to read. So I think she’d do a book club without hesitation.
Have you read any of the books I listed here? If so, what’d you think of them?