I wasn’t tagged to do this, but I wanted to do it anyways. The tag was created by Tiffany. Here we go:
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Whatever I’m in the mood for, which is more often than not a contemporary romance. I try to make a TBR, and it usually never works out. #moodreader
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I’d probably quit it. I used to feel bad about not finishing books, but there’s limited time to read, and if I don’t love it, I don’t want to waste my time.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Try to listen to more audiobooks at work, and read shorter books/graphic novels. And probably watch a little less TV. 🙂
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Throw things? Just kidding. I really don’t like when things don’t match, but I’ll survive. It’ll irk me for a bit, but then life goes on.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
If everyone doesn’t love it, I’m probably going to be alone with my feelings. That’s okay though. I’ll write a review to express my thoughts before moving on.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Put the book down ASAP, and try to think of something else. I really hate crying in public.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Depends on the book. If I loved previous books, I might re-read (like I’m doing with ACOTAR & ACOMAF before reading ACOWAR). Otherwise I’ll probably try to find a review that summed up the book better than a Goodreads synopsis. Sometimes if I think I remember previous books, I’ll just go right into the sequel.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
No one really asks me thankfully, but if they did ask, I’d probably say I misplaced the book…or didn’t have a copy.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Take a break from reading if trying another format, like audiobooks, didn’t work. I’d binge some shows on Netflix/Hulu, or write.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
More than I should, although I’ve cut back on buying lately, because I’m broke. I’ll get a couple here and there, especially if there are pre-order incentives.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Ummm, can I refuse to answer this? Haha. Lots of books stay on my shelves way too long after I buy them. I have such good intentions to read them right away, but then I’m usually not in the mood.
I tag anyone that wants to do this.