Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Throwback Freebie: Ten Books I Loved During The First Year I Started My Blog, Favorite Books Published 5 or 10 or 15 Years Ago, Ten Older Books I Forgot How Much I Loved, etc. etc. Tweak however you want! I went with Ten Books I Loved During The First Year of Blogging.
1. Fangirl – This is the first Rainbow book I read, and I absolutely adored it. Cath is so me, it’s not even funny. I definitely want to re-read this one ASAP. My review is here.
2. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda – I absolutely loved this book. Super cute, and I stayed up too late reading it…even though I had work the next day. My review is here.
3. Cinder – I haven’t read much sci-fi, but I really enjoyed this entire series. Cress and Thorne are my favorite characters, although Iko’s a close third. My review is here.
4. The Start of Me and You – This book was perfection. It’s my favorite Emery book to date, although I still need to read her latest. I’m so happy there’s a sequel coming out! My review is here.
5. Anna and the French Kiss – This series is swoony and so cute. Étienne is super adorable in this book. Isla is my favorite girl character (book 3), and I also really like Cricket (book 2). My review is here.
6. Summer of Sloane – Such an amazing debut. Erin’s a sweetheart, and I just loved her writing. I highly recommend this one. So, so good. My review is here.
7. The Anatomical Shape of a Heart – It’s a little gross since there’s cadavers, but honestly, the romance makes me forget those parts. I really enjoyed this one, and I need to read Jenn’s latest book ASAP. My review is here.
8. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – I really enjoyed listening to the audiobook. The narrator was fantastic, and the writing was great. Kitty was super adorable, I liked Lara Jean, and Peter Kavinsky was pretty good overall. My review is here.
9. Throne of Glass – This was one of the first fantasy books besides Harry Potter that I’d read. Contemporary is usually my go-to genre, but I really enjoyed the story in this one. That said, I still need to read Empire of Shadows and Tower of Dawn. Oops. My review is here.
10. Everything, Everything – I really enjoyed this one. Nicola’s storytelling is amazing, and usually I can see twists coming, but I didn’t see this one. I still need to read her latest book. I’m so behind of books I’m dying to read. My review is here.
Have you read any of the books I listed here? If so, what’d you think of them?