Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Ten Facts About Me (bookish or just general about you facts or ten facts about you as a blogger…whatever you want). I’m going to try and do ten that are about me as a book fiend/blogger. We’ll see how this goes.
1. I’m a writer. – I’m currently working on my third manuscript. They’re all YA contemporary romance novels. I might try my hand at fantasy, dystopian, paranormal, etc. eventually. If you want, you can see the working titles & (very) little Pinterest board inspiration here.
2. My one year blogoversary is coming up in less than 2 weeks! – So freaking excited about this! I should get a blogoversary giveaway post scheduled…
3. My favorite genre is contemporary, but fantasy is growing on me. – Contemporary has always been my favorite go to genre. Harry Potter was about the only fantasy books I’ve read before I became a blogger. But that genre is moving up my favorites. It could never displace contemp though.
4. I have WAY too many books. – I have five shelves filled, and I still need more. Sorry, not sorry.
5. I’m a Ravenclaw. – Yes, I took the Pottermore quiz twice. Yes, I got Ravenclaw both times. But if we’re doing hybrid houses, I’m a Slytherclaw. Represent!
6. I have a book buying problem. – Is there a Bookaholics Anonymous group, or something? I tried putting myself on a book buying ban earlier this year, and that only lasted…like no time at all.
7. I wrote HP fanfiction obsessively. – When I was a teen, this was my creative outlet. I kind of miss it some days; most of my stories aren’t finished and I have some unpublished stories/chapters. My favorite pairings were Draco and Hermione, Draco and Ginny, Hermione and Ginny, Lily and James, and Draco and Harry. Are you noticing a Draco theme here? I LOVED HIM! And speaking of…
8. Draco Malfoy was my first book boyfriend. – As stated above, I loved this character with every fiber of my being. Don’t try to change my mind. Since him, I’ve fallen in love with other “wayward” or “bad boy” characters, such as The Darkling and Rhysand. I’ve got bad boy love fever!
9. I’m an anxious person. – I love the idea of book cons, etc. but I’m not sure I could do them. I’m super introverted/shy at first, and I get like panic attacks when I have to speak in front of people. It sucks.
10. I’ve never met any authors in person. – I do not like this fact. Either authors never come to my area, or if they do, half the time it’s like a 1 1/2 hour AND usually during the week. I have to work to pay the bills, so it’s just never worked out. Or if they are in my area, sometimes (rarely) I’ll have plans that conflict with their signing days. Boo! 🙁
Did you have any facts in common with me?