Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week is a freebie week! I decided to do an old topic that I missed, which was beach reads. When I think of beach reads, I think of summery books and/or contemporary romances. Nothing too emotional that’ll make you cry. So here are my recommended beach reads.
1. Since You’ve Been Gone – I love this book. It was my first Morgan Matson read, and it’s probably my favorite out of all her books. It’s set in the summer, and Emily, Frank, and the rest of the characters are awesome! I love the to-do list aspect of this book, and all the things Emily had to complete.
2. Summer of Sloane – Such an amazing book! The writing is beautiful, and the scenery is gorgeous. Hawaii in the summertime? YES PLEASE!
3. Open Road Summer – I absolutely love Emery Lord, but this is the only book I think would be appropriate for beach reading. The others are a little more emotional/darker in my opinion, so I’d highly suggest bringing this one to the beach.
4. My Life Next Door – Another adorable contemporary romance! It has some serious moments, but I think the overall book is pretty cute. Be prepared to laugh out loud. George is quite the character.
5. The Fill-In Boyfriend – My first Kasie West read, and probably my favorite, besides The Distance Between Us. The book is pretty fluffy, so I think it would make a really cute beach read if you just want to smile as you soak up the sun.
6. Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour – Another Morgan Matson book. This one is set in the summertime as well, and features a road trip with a hot guy. I think Roger is pretty adorable, and I love how Amy slowly comes out of her shell the farther away they get from her hometown, and the more they deviate from her mother’s planned agenda.
7. Did I Mention I Love You? – This was pretty good. I really liked Eden and Tyler, once I got to know him. I think this is an under-read/underappreciated book, so I wanted to add this to the list. This is set in the summer, when Eden goes to visit her father and his new family.
8. Twenty Boy Summer – This book is a bit more emotional than some of the others, but not a lot. There’s not a ton of romance in this one; instead it focuses on friendship and moving on from old love.
9. Anna and the French Kiss – I love this trilogy, and I think the first book might be the best summer read of all three. It’s super cute, and the foreign locale (Paris) makes for a nice treat.
10. When the Stars Align – This is the only NA book I listed, but I think it’s definitely worth a beach read. It’s set in Puerto Rico in the summertime, and the characters are fantastic. Adam was amazing, and Jo really grows on you as the story progresses. And that cover is gorgeous!
Have you read any of the books I listed here? If so, what’d you think of them?