Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year. I’ve been pretty good about reading 2016 books, mostly due to the debut author reading challenge that I joined. Most of the below list books will be debut books, so yay for that! Also, I ended up choosing 15 books instead of 10. I felt like sharing the new book love!
1. A Court of Mist and Fury – I LOVED THIS BOOK! Rhys is bae. I think I’ll be re-reading this book many, MANY times.
2. Summer of Sloane – Such an amazing debut! Erin’s writing is perfection, and this book felt so real. Plus the Hawaii scenery was gorgeous. I’d highly recommend this one!
3. Tell Me Three Things – Another great book! It reminded me somewhat of another of my favorite books (Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda). This was such a cute read.
4. Walk the Edge – I didn’t like Razor quite as much as Oz, but he was still incredible! There’s danger, swoons, bikers, etc. in this beautiful book. What more could you want?
5. My Kind of Crazy – I really like this book. It was a bit more emotional/darker than some of the others, but SO GOOD!
6. Symptoms of Being Human – Another book that I adored. Riley was such a great main character, and I learned a lot about gender fluidity.
7. If I Was Your Girl – Amanda’s story was heartbreaking, but so amazing. I felt so bad for everything she had to endure as a transgender. Totally unacceptable! Definitely worth a read.
8. Firsts – This was a really interesting book. It was raw, and pushed boundaries. I’d recommend it for anyone who likes sex positive YA books.
9. Underwater – I loved that this book focused on mental health, specifically PTSD and agoraphobia. Morgan was such a great main character, and I kept rooting for her to overcome her anxiety.
10. The Way I Used to Be – This book is super emotional, and focuses on a tough subject: rape. It might not be for everyone because it can get kind of dark, but I think it’s definitely worth it.
11. The Girl Who Fell – Another book that focuses on a tough subject: abuse. But I think there need to be books like this that focus on the bad things in life. Maybe they can save someone who is experiencing this in their own relationship. The writing was great!
12. The Crown – This series is a guilty pleasure of mine. I don’t like Eadlyn as much as America, but this was still a good ending to the series. I’m happy with who Eadlyn picked.
13. All the Feels – I love that this book focuses on fandoms, because I’m a huge freak for Harry Potter (and some other fandoms), so I can really relate to Liv.
14. The Unexpected Everything – Not my favorite Morgan Matson book, but Clark was adorable! He’s a great addition to my book boyfriend list! Plus there are dogs. Who doesn’t love dogs? 😉
15. Outrun the Moon – The only historical book on this list, because I haven’t read many lately. This was pretty good, but it’s a bit slow to start. The cover is absolutely gorgeous, and the writing was great too!
Have you read any of the books I listed here? If so, what’d you think of them?