Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim. When I went back and looked at my recently read books, I noticed there was a decent amount of them that I’d picked up based on the summary and/or cover. Most of the time when I go to the library, I just browse and pick up a few books that sound like they’d be good. Some of these I picked up from BookOutlet for cheap too, after I checked to make sure the reviews were gushing…or at least not bashing the books.
1. The Sky is Everywhere – I’d previously read I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy, so when I saw she had another book, I needed to read it. I listened to the audiobook on one of my road trips. I’d highly recommend it.
2. Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend – I found out that Morgan Matson (one of my new favorite authors) had also published under the name Katie Finn, so I decided to get the first two books for cheap on BookOutlet one time. It wasn’t a bad book by any means, but it wasn’t up to the par I was expecting after reading a couple of her other books.
3. My Heart and Other Black Holes – This was another entertaining audiobook that I loved. I’d been browsing through my library’s OverDrive selection and decided to give this one a try. I’m so glad I did.
4. Tell Me Three Things – A beautiful debut book that has a place on my favorites shelf on Goodreads. I’d seen some people promoting it before it was published and soon after it was published, but I didn’t really look at any reviews before picking this one up. It reminded me a little of another one of my favorite books (Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda).
5. The Girl Who Fell – Ever since I saw the cover, I’d been wanting to read this one. It seemed a little dark/edgy, which is awesome. I like some darker themed books here and there. They’re more realistic. I’d been eyeing this book up for a while, and then finally decided to read it when I had some free time finally.
6. In Real Life – I hadn’t heard much about this book, but I loved the sound of it from the summary. And in my opinion, it didn’t disappoint. There were quite a few people who didn’t like this one though.
7. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe – I randomly picked up this audiobook after reading the summary one day at the library. It was so good! I can’t wait for the second book to be published
8. Like It Never Happened – Another spur of the moment pick from the library. I didn’t really like this one as much as a lot of other books I’d picked up on a whim. It was okay, but I didn’t love it.
9. The F-It List – I bought this from BookOutlet because it was relatively cheap, and I’m so glad I did. It was pretty good and I loved that it was sex positive.
10. The Beginning of Everything – This was another BookOutlet buy, but I ended up listening to the audiobook at work when nothing else sounded good. Overall it was a pretty enjoyable read. I didn’t like the ending though, and the narrator wasn’t really good at girl voices.
Have you read any of the books I listed here? If so, what’d you think of them?