Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Bookworm Delights. There’s really a ton that I could list, because I love reading, love being a bookworm. But I don’t want this list to go on forever, so here are ten that popped into my head right away.
1. Getting book mail – Whether it’s books you bought, or books you won, or books/ARCs a publisher sends you. All book mail is THE best mail.
2. When one of your favorite authors has a new book being published – I love getting new books to read by my favorite authors. It always puts a smile on my face, and I wait impatiently for them to be published already so I can devour them.
3. The smell of books – Maybe I’m weird, but I love the smell of books.
4. Finding amazing book boyfriends – One of my favorite things. I have a running list of all my book boyfriends that I’m always adding to on Goodreads.
5. Buying bookish items – I’ve slacked on this, but I really want to buy more Funko Pops, mugs, pillows, etc. of bookish quotes, or that feature my favorite book characters.
6. Being around bookish people – I’m pretty shy in person at first, but I love finding other book people to squeal and fangirl over books with. Twitter has been amazing for that so far.
7. Readathons/reading challenges – I’m pretty new to readathons and reading challenges, but they’re soooo much fun! They help me read more/keep me accountable.
8. Book shelfies – I’m newer to book shelfies, but I love showing off my lovelies in beautiful pictures of them on their shelves. Speaking of shelves, I need to finish putting together the other shelves I bought so I can do more shelfies.
9. Talking with authors – I’m newer to talking to authors too, because I’ve always been a little intimidated before. But now I’ll tweet authors here and there, letting them know how much I love their book, etc. All the ones I’ve talked to so far are super nice.
10. Finding references for books/shows I love – This is so awesome! I love finding references for like Harry Potter, Gilmore Girls, etc. It tells me the author has great tastes 😉
What are some of your bookworm delights? Do you have any of the same ones that I do?