Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Ten Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads. Here are some of my most recent 5 star reads. If they’re part of a series, I’m only showing one book so I can share the love and use the 9 other spots for other books. These are listed in chronological order, from newest to oldest reads.
1. Shadow and Bone – I recently read this entire trilogy (in like 4 days!!!) for my A Series A Month reading challenge, and I think the first book is my favorite. I absolutely love the Darkling’s character.
2. My Life Next Door – This was my first book by Huntley Fitzpatrick. I listened to the audiobook, and I loved it overall. Jase is an addition to my book boyfriend list. I can’t wait to read the rest of her books.
3. Winter – This series is amazing. I’m so glad I finally made time to read the last book. It was a bit long, but overall a spectacular end to The Lunar Chronicles.
4. The Wrath and The Dawn – This book was another great read. People are either in the love it, or don’t like it, camp it seems though. I can’t wait for the second book to come out soon, so I can see what happens next.
5. Queen of Shadows – I finally caught up with this series, reading books 2-4 last month for A Series A Month. I love reading about these characters. I have a hard time deciding which book boyfriend I want the most. I think I’ll just alternate them.
6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – Harry Potter = life. This is my least favorite book for some reasons, but J.K. Rowling’s writing is phenomenal. All the HP books are 5 star reads in my opinion.
7. Me Before You – I loved this book. I decided to read it before the movie came out, and it definitely got to me, an emotional rollercoaster with a sad overtone. But sad books can be amazing if they give you all the feels.
8. Symptoms of Being Human – I really enjoyed this book. I had a lot of love for the cast of characters, and the fact that the author wasn’t afraid to focus on some tough issues.
9. Since You’ve Been Gone – I loved this book. I think Morgan Matson is going to be a new favorite auto-buy author of mine. The characters were amazing, and I loved every minute of immersing myself in this book.
10. I’ll Give You the Sun – Such an outstanding, unique book. I highly recommend this one. It made me cry, and I just loved the beautiful writing. I thought it was really unique to show both of the twins’ POVs, and for each POV to be set during a different time i.e. early and later years.
Some of my all-time favorite 5 star reads: The Start of Me and You, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Fangirl, Anna and the French Kiss trilogy, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before duology, and The Anatomical Shape of a Heart.
Have you read any of the books I listed here? If so, what’d you think of them?