Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Ten Books To Read If You Are In The Mood For X. I decided to focus on YA contemporary romance for this post. Okay, so this list is kind of a repeat of other Top Ten Tuesday posts/my Contemporary Romance for Newbies post I did. But these books are THAT GOOD!
1. The Start of Me and You – One of my absolute favorite books. I think Max is my all-time favorite book boyfriend. He’s nerdy, sweet, and perfection. And Paige is my soul sister.
2. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda – This book is utter cuteness and perfection. I read it in one sitting because I couldn’t put it down. I absolutely love Simon and Blue.
3. Since You’ve Been Gone – The focus isn’t really on romance in this book; it’s more focused on friendship. But I love what romance is inside this beautiful book.
4. Fangirl – Cath is another one of my soul sisters. I loved reading Fangirl. Levi is cute, and the fanfiction aspect of the novel made me love it even more.
5. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – An amazing audiobook that I couldn’t stop listening to in the car. Lara Jean is a great main character, and I couldn’t stop swooning and squealing throughout the entire time I listened to this.
6. Anna and the French Kiss – I’m new to this series (just read the books last year), but I adored it. Étienne is a controversial love interest to some, but I adored his swoony self. This book is a little more focused on friendship as well (especially compared to the rest of the series), but the romance you get is fantastic!
7. Lola and the Boy Next Door – I wish I had someone like Cricket Bell trying to be my boyfriend! He’s another of my favorites in my long list of book boyfriends. He’s pretty much perfection when it comes to chasing after Lola.
8. Isla and the Happily Ever After – Isla is another soul sister. I felt such a kinship with her. I liked Josh, just not as much as the other love interests in the first two books in this series. But they’re a super sweet couple.
9. Everything, Everything – Maddy and Olly are such a cute pairing. This book is beyond adorable, and I just love the illustrations/charts/other things that the author had her husband draw for the book.
10. The Anatomical Shape of a Heart – This story has a slightly darker theme, especially since the main character draws cadavers. But nevertheless, I wasn’t grossed out and I loved the interactions between Bex and Jack.
Have you read any of the books I listed here? If so, what’d you think of them? Are there any other good YA romance books that you’d suggest?