Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2016 (can be bookish, personal resolutions, “I resolve to finally read these 10 books, series I resolve to finish in 2015, etc.). Almost all of my goals are blog/book related, except one.
1. Read 100-120 books – I set my goal as 100 books on Goodreads, but I’d really like to hit 120 by the end of the year, if I can.
2. Kick reading challenge butt – It’s my first year participating in yearly reading challenges, so I want to kick butt at it! I’m officially signed up for like 13-16, including Goodreads challenges.
4. Finish and/or start series – I have so many series I’ve never started, or that I haven’t finished. Hence the many reading challenges as follows: A Series A Month, It’s New to Me Series Starter, Prequel & Sequel, and Finishing the Series.
5. Catch up on Netgalley ARCs – I’m so far behind. I went request happy when I first opened my account, and so my review percentage is only like 14%. Ugh.
6. Read more eBooks – My Kindle and Nook have been pretty neglected the past year. It’s time to read my eBooks more this year. My eBook challenge will really help out, along with borrowing eBooks from the library.
7. Schedule posts – I’ve never scheduled many posts on my blog, except in November due to NaNoWriMo. I really want to schedule a ton of posts eventually so that I can relax on my blog a bit and not feel so crappy when I don’t get the posts done on time.
8. Write reviews after finishing a book – When I first started my blog about 5 months ago, I was doing so good at writing reviews almost right after I finished a book, or at least like the next day after. I’ve been horrible the last month. I have like 10-12 reviews that I need to write up, and it’s a little overwhelming.
9. Limit my book buying – I should really put myself on a ban, but I know how I operate. I think that if I limit my books purchased this year (besides cheap Kindle books/paperbacks from secondhand stores) my TBR won’t grow by the thousands.
10. Lose weight/get into shape – I’ve been so terrible lately with eating healthy and exercising. I want to get back down to the size I was when I was 21-22 years old. I think I’m going to try Zumba for some fun exercise.
What are some of your resolutions for 2016?