I absolutely love contemporary romance books! I mean I even write them in my spare time, after all (even if I’m not published yet). So I definitely had to sign up for the ‘Contemporary Romance’ Reading Challenge hosted by Jess at Gone with the Words and Danielle at Love at First Page. The challenge runs January 1, 2016 until December 31, 2016. Books that qualify can be young adult, new adult, or adult. M/F, M/M, or F/F are all acceptable pairings Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed. Use the hashtag #ContRom2016 when posting your reviews/updates/re-caps/monthly topics on social media. There are levels for how many books you read in 2016. I think I’m going to choose 3rd Base (11-15), and see if I can get to Grand Slam by the end of the year.
- 1st Base: read 1 – 5 books
- 2nd Base: read 6 – 10 books
- 3rd Base: read 11 – 15 books
- Home Run: read 16 – 20 books
- Grand Slam: read 21+ books
I’m trying to overlap my reading challenges for next year as much as possible, since I’m kind of overachieving with how many I want to participate in. Unfortunately only a couple of the series I chose to read in 2016 are contemporary romance ones. So with that said, these are the books I’m considering reading for this challenge:
- Jessica Darling – I’m almost done with book 2, so I’d still have 3 more left.
- Confessions of Georgia Nicolson – I got to book 5 a long time ago, but it’s been ages since I read these books. I might try to read the whole series in a month. Ambitious, I know.
- Any other standalone contemporary romance books I want to read: Nowhere But Here, The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things, P.S. I Like You, When We Collided, Underwater, Just Visiting, etc.
I can’t wait to start reading a ton of contemporary romance books next year! Any good ones you’d recommend?