Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So. I didn’t keep track of all my favorite lines for every book I read so far this year, but I made sure I kept track of some. Here are some of my absolute favorites!
1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – “’You could rattle the stars,’” she whispered. “’You could do anything, if you only dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you the most.’”
2. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen – “You never knew what lay ahead; the future was one thing that could never be broken, because it had not yet had the chance to be anything.”
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – “‘Happily ever after, or even just together ever after, is not cheesy,’ Wren said. ‘It’s the noblest, like, the most courageous thing two people can shoot for.'”
4. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – “But the difference between knowing it and seeing them in person is the difference between dreaming of flying and flight.”
5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – “Is it possible for home to be a person and not a place?”
6. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins – “It’s easy to talk about things we hate, but sometimes it’s hard to explain exactly why we like something.”
7. The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon—and me, Ruby Oliver by E. Lockhart – “I don’t have a predilection for happiness. I have a predilection for anxiety. Maybe it was easy for me to be happy once, a long time ago, but something shifted in my brain.”
8. When the Stars Align by Jeanette Grey – “And for a moment–one incredible moment–her chest cracked open, and she felt like she was just like those stars.”
9. Frosh: First Blush by Mónica B. Wagner – “Pencils don’t get pregnant ’cause they wear rubbers on their ends.”
10. Mad About the Hatter by Dakota Chase – “It was at times like this he wished his life were a book just so he could flip to the last page to see how it all turned out.”
Do you have any favorite lines from your recent reads?