Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I’m Looking Forward To. If I’ve read the book first, I usually don’t end up liking the movie honestly. It’s rare that the movie is better, or equal, to the book. They need to make longer movies that follow the books more closely already. Why isn’t that a thing yet??
1. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 – I have been in love with this series since the first movie came out on DVD. I quickly read all the books after watching the first movie, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I’ve even got my mom and sister hooked! 🙂
2. Dumplin’ – I haven’t read the book yet, but when I found out it was going to be a movie, I was stoked. We need more fat main characters in the literary, and entertainment, world!
3. The Jungle Book – My coworker recently showed me the trailer for the new movie coming out next year, and it look soooo good! The Jungle Book isn’t one of my favorite Disney movies, but this “live version” movie looks fantastic!
4. The Queen of the Tearling – I’ve been wanting to read these books for too long now, and I was so excited when I found out it was going to be a movie. Plus I’m pretty sure I saw something where it said Emma Watson was going to star in the movie. I absolutely love her!
5. Eleanor & Park – I absolutely adored Fangirl, and I can’t wait to read the rest of Rainbow Rowell’s books, including Eleanor & Park. I hope they all become movies, especially Fangirl!
6. Shadow and Bone – I’m looking forward to reading this trilogy, and I was stoked when I heard its film rights were bought. Bring it on the big screen!
7. The Darkest Minds – I recently bought the book for my Kindle, and I can’t wait to read it. When I found out it was going to be a movie, I was pretty happy. Yay for YA films!
8. The 5th Wave – It sounds pretty interesting, and I’ve seen a lot of hype lately with the movie coming out next year. I really like Chloë Grace Moretz as an actress too, so I’m excited to see her starring in the movie.
9. Fallen – I haven’t read the books yet, but I really want to. The book/movie summaries sound fantastic.
10. The Selection – I’m pretty sure I heard the books (or at least the first one) were going to become movies. I’d love to see them on the big screen if that’s the case!
I’m kind of behind on some book to movie adaptions that came out the past couple years, like Scorch Trials, Paper Towns, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, Still Alice, The Longest Ride, Dark Places, etc. I got part of my list from the Novel Heartbeat blog that has a list of upcoming/optioned YA book to movie adaptions.
I’m so excited by all the YA movies based on books that are coming out! So awesome! Any upcoming book to movie adaptations you can’t wait to see?