Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel. So I realized that I haven’t really read a ton of debut authors this year. *gasp* I really need to work on supporting these fantastic new authors, because someday it’ll be me! Numbers 8-10 on the list below I haven’t read yet, but I’ll be reading them very soon and can’t wait!
1. Becky Albertalli – I absolutely adored Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. It was sooooooooooo good. Like there are no words to describe how much I loved that book. Read it if you haven’t yet!
2. Nicola Yoon – Everything, Everything was pretty much everything, everything. Such a great debut, and I can’t wait to see what she comes out with next.
3. Brianna Shrum – I really enjoyed Brianna’s Peter Pan story, Never Never, told from the POV of Captain James Hook. It makes you see why the villain turned out the way he did. Such great writing!
4. Mónica B. Wagner – Mónica debut novel Frosh: First Blush left off on a cliffhanger and I want to know what happens next, like yesterday. It was a pretty cute story, and I like the pairings.
5. Farah Oomerbhoy – I really liked The Last of The Firedrakes. It was a little confusing, and seemed a bit familiar as far as elements similar to other fantasy books, but I can’t wait for the next book in the series.
6. Pintip Dunn – This author’s debut novel, Forget Tomorrow, was pretty amazing. Dystopian novels aren’t that popular nowadays, but they’re fantastic. This one is really similar to Divergent in some aspects, but it definitely veered off into its own thing. I’d recommend it!
7. Brenda Drake – I really enjoyed Touching Fate. It was a fast read, and different from anything I’ve read before. Her next novel comes out in January already, so readers won’t have to wait too long for something new from Brenda. But that book is for a different series. I can’t wait to read it!
8. Kate Scelsa – I think Fans of the Impossible Life will be my next read once I finish Cress. I’ve heard some great things about it, and the summary sounds amazing.
9. I.W. Gregorio – None of the Above sounds like a fantastic read, and I’m hoping to read it very soon. I love diverse books, especially ones that deal with sexuality in adolescence in any capacity. The cover is simple, but super gorgeous.
10. Kate Brauning – Kate was a Pitch Wars mentor, and her book How We Fall sounds amazing. I’ve been dying to read it, but I’ve been a little distracted. And look at the beautiful cover!
Some other debut authors I’m excited to read are: Emily Martin, Marci Lyn Curtis, Sabaa Tahir, Catherine Lo, Ashley Herring Blake, Marisa Reichardt, Kate McGovern, Emily Henry, Heidi Heilig, Janet B. Taylor, Estelle Laure, Shannon M. Parker, Michelle Andreani, Charlotte Huang, Ann Jacobus, Jaye Robin Brown, etc.
Any debut authors you’re most looking forward to reading? I’m always looking for suggestions for new authors! 🙂