Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is a Halloween themed freebie, so I chose Top Ten Literary Halloween Costumes. This was so much fun putting together this list. I’d love to be all of these characters, and soooo many more!
1. Any of the Harry Potter cast, particularly Hermione – I love Hermione, and all the HP characters. I’m thinking of trying this outfit out next year!
2. Cath from Fangirl – Cath is like my bookish soul sister, so I’d love to be her one year. And it would be a pretty easy costume too!
3. Iseult from Truthwitch – I took a quiz during the #ClanChat over the weekend, and I got Iseult as who I’m most like. So naturally I want to dress like her for Halloween 🙂
4. Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door – Lola has some crazy outfits, and I think it would be so cool to dress up like her for at least one day of the year!
5. Belle from Beauty and the Beast – I’m not sure if Belle should count or not, but I LOVE HER! She’s my favorite Disney princess, and my kindred spirit because of her love for books. I sooo want her library too! So jealous!
6. Anne of Green Gables – I think Anne would be a fun costume to wear, especially for younger girls. But I could probably pull off her younger, or older, look because of how short I am.
7. Alice from Alice in Wonderland – I think it would be fun to dress up as Alice, and pretty simple too. And now that I’m thinking of it, dressing up as the Mad Hatter would be super fun too!
8. Nancy Drew – I never read the books, but I know Nancy Drew is an excellent crime solving sleuth. I kind of want someone to throw a mystery themed Halloween party now!
9. Any of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz characters, particularly Dorothy – Another great theme for Halloween. Dorothy would obviously be the easiest. Although any of the other characters would be pretty fun too. Hmm maybe Glinda the Good Witch…
10. Frankenstein or Bride of Frankenstein – A little freaky, and a little fun. Not sure how I’d get the Bride of Frankenstein’s hair to work though….
Have you worn any of the costumes I mentioned? Any other good ones you can think of?