Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is a freebie, so I chose Ten Authors I Want to Read That I Haven’t Read Before. There are so many authors I haven’t read anything by yet, but here’s a list of 10 that I thought of off the top of my head. The books pictured are the ones I’m planning to read first.
1. Leigh Bardugo – I’m really anxious for Six of Crows, but to pass the time, I figured I’d read the Shadow and Bone series by this author first.
2. Kasie West – There’s a group of us reading The Fill-In Boyfriend this month, and I still need to start it. It’ll be my first book by this author.
3. Susan Dennard – I hadn’t heard of Susan before all the hype about Truthwitch (which I desperately want to read), but I saw this series by her that grabbed my attention. I’m not a huge zombie fan, but I’ve heard it’s good, so I’ll give it a try.
4. Maggie Stiefvater – I keep getting the first book of this series from the library but haven’t read it yet. I bought a Kindle copy, so maybe I’ll finally take the time to sit down and read.
5. Tamora Pierce – I’ve been told she’s an amazing author and that I NEED TO READ HER! So I think I’ll start with this book unless someone has a better suggestion.
6. Stephanie Perkins – I’ve been wanting to read this series for a bit now, so hopefully I’ll get to read it soon.
7. Dahlia Adler – The description sounds good and I’ve seen her recommending a ton of awesome reads, so I’m hoping her books are equally awesome.
8. A.S. King – Someone recommended that I read this book/author, so I’ve added her to my list.
9. Abbi Glines – I’ve seen a lot of people reading her books lately, so I added her to my list. And I liked the cover of this book, so I chose to read it first.
10. Lauren Oliver– This series has been on my list to read for some time, and I just haven’t gotten around to reading it yet. Hopefully soon.
Did you have any of the same authors you haven’t read yet? If you’ve read them, any suggestions other than the books pictured for ones I should read?