Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This week’s topic is Ten Characters You Just Didn’t Click With. I really had to think about this topic before I could come up with a list. I’m sure I’m missing several characters, but these are the first ones that popped into my head.
1. Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird – This wasn’t assigned reading for any of my classes. I tried reading it on my own once when I was about 16 and couldn’t get past the first page. I haven’t tried to read the book since then.
2. Amy from Gone Girl – I don’t want to give too much away if you haven’t read the book, but OMG I cannot even with her.
3. Eadlyn from The Heir – I still liked the book, but Eadlyn was really hard to like. She’s spoiled and just kind of got on my nerves for half of the book.
4. Sydney’s parents and Rosie Chatham from Saint Anything – Sydney’s parents drove me nuts for most of the book, which I brought up in my review that can be found here. They completely ignored their daughter, deciding to focus on their son instead. And Rosie Chatham wasn’t a major character but she was kind of spoiled and rubbed me the wrong way a couple times.
5. Jessica Stanley and Mike Newton from Twilight series – They both drove me crazy and got on my nerves quite a bit.
6. Marcus from Divergent series – I love Tobias, so Marcus is a total douchebag in my eyes. Any “man” who does what he does is no man at all.
7. Aurora and Rafe from The Last of the Firedrakes – I liked the book, but two of the main characters kind of annoyed me at times. I wanted to yell at them to get their shit together while I was reading.
8. Bea from The Stepmother – The book was pretty good, but this character was pretty loony toons throughout the entire novel. I had a hard time relating to her for most of the book.
9. Joyeaux from Hunter – I couldn’t finish this novel because it didn’t draw me in and it had way too much info dumping in the beginning. If I’d liked the character more, I might have kept reading.
10. Mimi from Blue Bloods series – She was a pretty awful character throughout the entire series. A spoiled rich girl who got on my nerves repeatedly.
What characters didn’t you click with while reading? Did you have any that were the same as mine?