Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there’s a new topic for a top ten list.
This is only my third Top Ten Tuesday. This week’s topic is Top Ten Authors I’ve Read The Most Books From. I read a lot of books before I started my Goodreads account, so I left them classified as ‘Want to Read’ because I love rereading books by my favorite authors. But I did the math and below is my actual list of top ten most read authors.
1. Meg Cabot (26 books) – I adore Meg Cabot’s writing. Her Mediator series is probably my favorite of all her books and I can’t wait for the 7th book to come out next year!
2. Jodi Picoult (23 books, including the 2 novels co-written with her daughter) – Jodi is an AMAZING author. I first read Perfect Match when I was 16 and I’ve been hooked on her books ever since.
3. Jill Mansell (15 books) – I only started reading her about a year or so ago, and I’ve devoured her books. I think my favorite so far is Don’t Want to Miss a Thing.
4. Melissa de la Cruz (14 books) – My first introduction to this author was her Au Pair books, but I loved her Blue Blood series. I still need to read the Witches of East End books. I did binge on the TV show though.
5. Carly Phillips (13 books) – A great adult romance writer. She’s got quite a few different series (around 10), and I still need to finish/start some of them.
6. Susan Elizabeth Phillips (10 books) – Another great adult romance writer. Most of her books are in just 2 series, but she has a few standalones. Most of her books I’ve read out of order before I realized they were a part of a series, so I don’t think order matters much.
7. Laura Ingalls Wilder (9 books) – The Little House books were among my favorites growing up. I definitely want to reread the whole series soon, especially since I’ve seen several other bloggers doing it lately.
8. L.M. Montgomery (9 books) – The Anne of Green Gables novels were another of my favorites growing up. I adored Anne.
9. Sarah Dessen (7 books) – The first book I read by Dessen was The Truth About Forever. But I think my favorite so far has been Lock and Key, or This Lullaby. But you can’t go wrong with any of her books!
10. J.K. Rowling (7 books) – HARRY POTTER IS LIFE!
As you can see, I love reading both YA and adult authors. As long as the writing is good and I’m entertained, I’ll read it. A few other top authors of mine: Susan Mallery (I’ve read a lot of her Fool’s Gold books), Sarah J. Maas (I love her Throne of Glass series so far), Kiera Cass (Selection Series = Cinderella meets the Bachelor), and Kristin Hannah (The Nightingale and her Firefly Lane books are sooo good).
Have you read any of these authors I’ve listed? What are some of your top authors?